Dessert Couscous Recipe
Photo Credit: http://www.food.com/recipe/egyptian-sweet-couscous-dessert-173613
|Dessert Couscous Recipe|
||15 Minutes |
||75 Minutes |
- 5 cups Couscous
- 2 tbsp Peanut Oil
- Salt (to taste)
- ¼ tsp Icing sugar
- ¼ tsp Cinnamon (Dalchini)
- ¾ cup Olive Oil
- Prunes, Dates, Raisins & Almonds (for garnishing)
How to make Dessert Couscous:
- Wash couscous with cold water and drain well.
- Seperate the couscous using a fork and leave for 15 minutes.
- In a bowl mix peanut oil with 6 tbsp water, salt & cinnamon. Add the mix to the couscous and let it abosrb in.
- Transfer the mixture to a couscoussier and place over boiling water.
- Steam it for 30 minutes and then take off the heat.
- Take steamed couscous in a bowl and pour in half of olive oil in it. Mix well and let it cool.
- Add 3/4 cup of water to it and keep aside to get the water absorbed.
- Return to the couscoussier and steam for 15 minutes. Pour in the bowl and mix in half of the remaining oil.
- Steam in the couscoussier for final 30 minutes and transfer to the bowl.
- Mix in the remaining oil.
- Place the couscous in a plate and sprinkle with icing sugar and the dry fruits.
- Serve thereafter.