Dodhi No Halwo Recipe
Photo Credit: https://www.milkmaid.in/videos/indian-dessert-and-mithai-recipes/lauki-halwa
|Dodhi No Halwo Recipe|
||20 Minutes |
||40 Minutes |
- 2 kg White Pumpkin (grated)
- 1½ kg Sugar
- 1½ ltr Milk
- ½ ltr thick Cream
- 25 g Almonds (sliced)
- 25 g Pistachios (sliced)
- 7 drops Green Food Coloring
- 10 green Cardamoms (seeds only)
How to make Dodhi No Halwo:
- Strain the grated pumpkin to remove water.
- Place it in a heavy skillet and cook until soft.
- Add milk and stir continuously till the milk evaporates completely.
- Add sugar, cream, and cardamom seeds. Cook on low heat.
- Remove from fire when the sugar melts completely and stir in green food coloring.
- Transfer into a buttered tray and decorate with fried almonds and pistachios.
- Refrigerate until chilled.