Photo Credit: http://www.menuism.com/restaurants/kokkari-estiatorio-san-francisco-56029/images/95798
||10 Minutes |
||25 Minutes |
- 1 bunch Dill (finely chopped)
- 1/2 lb Grape Leaves
- 1 tbsp Lemon Juice
- 1 bunch Mint (finely chopped)
- 1 cup Olive Oil
- 1 lb Onions (finely chopped)
- 1 cup Rice
How to make Dolmathes:
- Place grape leaves in hot water. Remove and wash in cold water.
- Combine onions with half cup olive oil.
- Mix rest of the ingredients, except remaining olive oil and lemon juice.
- Boil the mixture for 5 minutes.
- Place 1 tbsp of mixture on each grape leaf and wrap completely.
- Place the wrapped leaves in a pot, giving some space.
- Pour the remaining olive oil and lemon juice.
- Add half liter water and cover. Boil on medium-low heat until no liquid remains in the pot and rice turns tender.
- Serve cold.