Dosa Batter Recipe
Photo Credit: https://myhometastes.wordpress.com/tag/andhra-special-dosa/
|Dosa Batter Recipe|
||930 Minutes |
||5 Minutes |
- 1½ cup Rice
- 3/4 cup Urad Dal (split black gram)
- 1/2 cup Thick Poha (rice flakes)
- 3 tsp Methi Seeds (fenugreek seeds)
- Salt to taste
How to make Dosa Batter:
- Wash rice, poha and methi seeds well and then keep it soaked in warm water for about 6-7 hours.
- In another bowl soak dal in warm water for about 4-5 hours after cleaning it.
- Grind rice, poha and methi into a fine paste and keep it aside.
- Grind urad dal separately into a fine paste.
- Mix both paste well. Add salt into the mixture and again mix it well.
- Keep the mixture for at least 8 hours or overnight for fermentation.
- Before making dosa add enough water to thin the consistency of batter.
- Mix it well and make your dosas!
Serve with coconut chutney and sambhar.