Dried Pea Soup Recipe
|Dried Pea Soup Recipe|
|Preparation Time||30 Minutes|
|Cooking Time||130 Minutes|
|Recipe Type||Non Veg.|
- 1 lb whole green Peas (dried)
- 1 lb smoked Ham (one large piece with bone)
- 1 Onion
- 2 Cloves
- 8 cups Water
- 1 tsp Marjoram (dried)
- Salt to taste
How to make Dried Pea Soup:
- Wash the peas nicely; soak it overnight in water.
- Drain the water and rinse the peas. Take a pot, add 8 glasses of water, onions and cloves, marjoram, peas and ham.
- Boil them together over low heat and simmer it until they become soft, stirring them occasionally.
- Take out the meat from the soup. Trim it from the bones and cut into small pieces. Add them to the soup again.
- Add salt and simmer it for 2 minutes.
Suggestions:Serve it hot with bread.