Drunken Turkey Recipe
|Drunken Turkey Recipe|
||Non Veg. |
- 1, 12 lb Turkey
- 32 Ounces mixed dried fruit
- 4 Orange, juiced
- 4 Granny smith apples
- 3 Cup grand marnier
- 3 Cup tequila
- 1 Cup golden raisins
- 1 Cup chiles chipotles
- 2 Sticks unsalted butter, cut into 1-inch wedges
How to make Drunken Turkey:
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- Wash turkey and pat dry thoroughly with paper towel then set aside.
- Mix dried fruit, raisins, and apples in a medium size bowl.
- Put juice and chilies, with sauce that clings to them into a blender or food processor and process for 1 minute.
- Add 1 cup each of tequila and grand marnier, then pour the mixture over the fruit and let rest 15 minutes.
- Bleed dry the fruit, preserving the liquid.
- Cut half the butter into half inch pieces and mix with the fruit.
- Stuff cavity of the turkey with the fruit.
- Place the turkey in a roasting bag, arrange remaining fruit on top of the bird and pour preserved orange juice-liquor mix over it.
- Mix remaining tequila and grand marnier.
- Have ready a basting syringe fitted with a metal injection nozzle and inject the mixture all over the turkey.
- Fry remaining butter and carefully pour over the turkey in the roasting bag.
- Close bag and cut 1/4 inch slit on the top to let steam escape.
- Place a roasting pan and roast for about two and half hours.
- Every 30 minutes open bag, being careful to protect your face from steam and inject more liquor, eventually using it up.
- When ready open the bag, put the turkey on a platter and scoop out the fruit stuffing.
- Strain the juices that have accumulated in the bag, skim off any fat, and carve.
- Drunken Turkey is ready.