Dublin Coddle Recipe
|Dublin Coddle Recipe|
|Rating||1.0 / 10 (1 vote)|
|Recipe Type||Non Veg.|
- 450 gm bacon (sliced)
- 1 Kg Pure Pork Sausages
- 2 large Onions (sliced)
- 2 cloves of Garlic
- 2 Cup Water
- 4 large potatoes (thickly sliced)
- 2 carrots (thickly sliced)
- 1 large bunch of fresh herbs, tied with string
- Black Pepper
- Hard Cider (Apple Wine) Or Apple Cider
- Fresh Parsley, Chopped for garnish
How to make Dublin Coddle:
- Take water in a pot and bring it to boil.
- Now add sliced bacon and pork sausages.
- Cook for 5 minutes, drain and reserve the water.
- Place the bacon and sausages in a large saucepan or casserole dish.
- Add onions, potatoes, salt, pepper, apple cider and half of the parsley to it.
- Add enough of the reserved liquid to just cover.
- Cover it with a greased paper then with a lid.
- Cook in a slow oven for about 1 1/2 hours until the liquid has reduced and every thing is cooked.
- Garnish with fresh parsley leaves.
- Serve in a hot bowl.