Dutch Apple Loaf Recipe
|Dutch Apple Loaf Recipe|
||15 Minutes |
||55 Minutes |
||Non Veg. |
- ½ cup Butter/ Margarine (softened)
- 1 cup Sugar
- 2 Eggs
- ¼ cup Buttermilk
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 2 cups All-Purpose Flour
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- ½ tsp Salt
- 2 cups Tart Apples (peeled and diced)
- ½ cup Walnuts (chopped)
- ¼ cup Sugar
- ¼ cup All-Purpose Flour
- 2 tsp Cinnamon (ground)
- ¼ cup cold Butter/ Margarine
How to make Dutch Apple Loaf:
- Cream butter and sugar in a large mixing bowl.
- Add eggs, one at a time. Beat well after each addition.
- Add buttermilk and vanilla.
- Mix together flour, baking soda and salt in a separate bowl.
- Add the flour mixture to the sugar mixture.
- Add apples and walnuts. Mix well.
- Grease a 9x5x3 inch loaf pan.
- Pour the batter into the pan.
- Prepare the topping by mixing sugar, flour and cinnamon in a mixing bowl.
- Add butter and mix to form coarse crumbles.
- Sprinkle the topping over the batter.
- Bake the batter at 350 °F (175 °C) for 55 to 60 minutes till a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Remove the cake from the oven and cool for 10 minutes.
- Remove from the pan and cool completely on a wire rack.