Indian Recipes : Eggless Carrot Cake Recipe
Eggless Carrot Cake is a delicious dessert, perfect for all the cake lovers. Learn how to make/prepare Eggless Carrot Cake by following this easy recipe.
Eggless Carrot Cake Recipe
Serves 6, 200 cal per serving
• 1½ cups All-purpose Flour (Maida)
• 1¼ cups Sugar
• 1½ cups Carrots (shredded)
• ¾ cups Oil
• ½ cup Plain Yogurt
• 2 tbsp Vanilla Essence
• 2 tsp Cinnamon Powder
• 4 Cloves (crushed)
• 1 tsp Baking Powder
• 1 tsp Baking Soda
• ½ cup Mixed Nuts
• ¼ cup Coconut Flakes (optional) How to make Eggless Carrot Cake:
• Preheat oven to 175 degrees Celsius.
• Shred carrots and keep in a bowl. Do not strain the water from carrots.
• Take a separate bowl and add all-purpose flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon powder and cloves.
• Now add oil, sugar and yogurt and beat with a whisk, until it turns into a smooth batter.
• Add carrots, vanilla essence and nuts. Mix thoroughly.
• Grease an 8 x 8 inch cake tray.
• Pour the batter into the pan and bake at 175 degrees Celsius for about 50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
• Remove and let it cool.
• Transfer the cake from the pan to a wire rack.
• Serve. Suggestions: You can sprinkle coconut flakes on the cake before serving, if desired.
Excellent recipe, I made it a couple of days ago and it came out delicious! Thank you for sharing it.
Submitted by: Adriana
posted : 16-Dec-2011 07:51 AM
Recipe of the Month
Carrot Soup is a very nutritious dish. Learn how to make/prepare Carrot Soup by...