Eggplant Casserole Recipe
Photo Credit: http://healthyrecipesblogs.com/2011/07/12/eggplant-casserole-recipe/
|Eggplant Casserole Recipe|
||15 Minutes |
||75 Minutes |
||Non Veg. |
- 1 large Eggplant (cubed)
- 1 (4 oz) can Tomato Sauce
- 1 lb. ground Lamb/Beef
- 1 cup Cheddar Cheese (grated)
- 2 tsp Salt (divided)
- 1 tsp Sugar
- 1/4 tsp Black Pepper
- 1 medium Red Onion (chopped)
- 1 Green Bell Pepper (diced)
- 1 cup Mushrooms (sliced)
- 2 slices Bread (cubed)
How to make Eggplant Casserole:
- Place the eggplants in boiling salted water for a while. Set aside.
- In a large pot, fry the meat.
- Add onion, green pepper, and mushrooms. Fry till the mushrooms turn tender.
- Sprinkle salt, sugar, and pepper.
- Add bread, tomato sauce, and cheese. Mix well.
- Drain the eggplants and add to the mixture. Stir well.
- Transfer into a non-reactive pot and cover tightly.
- Bake for 45 minutes at 350 degrees F.
- Uncover and bake again until brown. Serve hot.