Elk Chili Recipe
Photo Credit: http://www.fit-and-frugal.com/2012/02/04/slow-cooker-everyday-challenge-day-6-crock-pot-elk-chili/
|Elk Chili Recipe|
||20 Minutes |
||75 Minutes |
||Non Veg. |
- 1½ pounds ground Elk Meat
- 2 large Yellow Onions (chopped)
- 2 (10 oz) cans Tomato Sauce
- 1 (14.5 oz) can Italian-style stewed Tomatoes
- 1 (15 oz) can Kidney Beans (drained)
- 1 (4 oz) can diced Green Chilies
- 1½ tbsp Chili Powder
- 1½ tsp ground Cumin
- 1 tsp dried Oregano
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Black Pepper
- ½ cup Brown Sugar
How to make Elk Chili:
- Place a deep frying pan over medium heat and stir fry the meat, along with onions, in the rendered fat, until evenly brown on all sides.
- Discard the excess fat.
- Add tomato sauce, stewed tomatoes, kidney beans, and green chilies. Mix well.
- Sprinkle chili powder, cumin, oregano, salt, black pepper, and sugar. Stir.
- Reduce the heat and cover the frying pan. Cook for 1 hour, stirring occasionally.
- Serve hot with steamed rice.