Emeril's Fried Turkey Recipe
|Emeril's Fried Turkey Recipe|
||Non Veg. |
- 2 Turkeys of 8 to 10 pounds each
- 10 Gallons peanut oil
For The Marinade:
- 2 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 Cup apple cider
- 1 tbsp Liquid zatarian's concentrated crab and shrimp boil
- 1 tbsp Ground allspice
- 3/4 Cup honey
- 1/4 tsp Cayenne
- 1 Bottle beer
- 1/2 Cup creole seasoning
- 1 tbsp Salt
- Pinch ground cloves
For The Seasoning Mix
- 1 tbsp Cayenne
- 1 tbsp Black pepper, freshly ground
- 1 Cup salt
How to make Emeril's Fried Turkey:
- Combine all the marinade ingredients in a food processor or blender and blend it for about 5 minutes.
- Fill a syringe and inject it into each turkey in the breast, thigh area, as well as the back, wings and legs.
- Mix the seasoning ingredients and massage the mixture evenly all over each turkey.
- Put the turkeys in big plastic bags and secure before refrigerating them for about 24 hours.
- Fill a big pot three quarters of the way full with the peanut oil.
- Heat the oil to between 350 and 360 degrees F.
- Put 1 turkey in the basket carefully and gradually lower it into the hot oil.
- With a long-handled fork, turn the turkey every 10 minutes.
- Cook it until the internal temperature reaches 170 to 180 degrees F on an instant read meat thermometer.
- A whole turkey will take 3 to 5 minutes per pound to cook.
- Now carefully lift the basket out of the hot oil by inserting a broomstick through the handles and having two people lift the basket out of the pot.
- Using the long-handled forks, transfer the turkey to a big brown paper bag and let stand for 15 minutes before removing to carve.
- Repeat the same process for the second turkey.
- Carve the turkey and serve it.