Enchiladas Verdes Recipe
|Enchiladas Verdes Recipe|
||15 Minutes |
||25 Minutes |
||Non Veg. |
- 4 Chicken Breasts (skinless & boneless)
- 5 Jalapeņo Peppers (stem removed)
- ½ lbs Tomatillos
- 2 tbsp Cilantro (finely chopped)
- 12 Corn Tortillas
- ½ Onion (finely chopped)
- 1 cup Sour Cream
- Corn Oil for frying
- Salt to taste
How to make Enchiladas Verdes:
- Boil chicken breasts in water until tender. Reserve the chicken stock.
- Slice the chicken breasts into strips.
- Wash and peel tomatillos, and boil with the jalapeņo peppers in the chicken stock until soft. Remove from liquid (stock).
- Blend together tomatillos, jalapeņos and salt along with ¼ cup of the chicken stock in a food processor, until a consistent and thick sauce is obtained.
- Heat the oil in a frying pan and fry the tortillas until puffed up.
- Fill tortillas with the shredded chicken and dip into tomatillos sauce.
- Garnish with sour cream, cilantro and onions.
- Serve immediately.