|Preparation Time||10 Minutes|
|Cooking Time||5 Minutes|
- ½ kg Tomatillos (husked and halved)
- 1 mild Green Chile (roasted and sliced)
- 1 mild Red Chile (roasted and sliced)
- 2 fresh Jalapenos
- 6 cloves Garlic (halved)
- 1 cup White Wine Vinegar
- ¼ cup Water
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Brown Sugar
- ½ tsp Cumin Seed
- ½ tsp dried Mexican Oregano
How to make Escabeche:
- Place tomatillos, chiles and garlic in a jar.
- Combine the remaining ingredients in a bowl.
- Transfer the mixture into a pan and place over high heat. Bring to a boil and pour into the jar.
- Allow cooling on room temperature. Cover, and chill for at least 5 days.
- Preserve in the fridge for long uses.