|Preparation Time||80 Minutes|
|Cooking Time||15 Minutes|
|Rating||8.5 / 10 (2 votes)|
- For Pastry
- 80 g Butter (melted)
- 1/3 cup Olive Oil
- ¼ cup Water
- 2 cups Plain Flour
- 1 Egg (lightly beaten)
- Butter (for greasing)
For Cheese Filling
- 1 cup Feta Cheese (grated)
- 1 cup White Creamed Cheese
- 2 tbsp Parsley (chopped)
- 1 tsp Lemon Juice
How to make Fatayer:
- Combine feta cheese, white creamed cheese, parsley and lemon juice in a bowl and mix well. Keep aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, mix butter, olive oil and water.
- Add flour, one tablespoon at a time, stirring to form a smooth paste.
- Continue to add the flour until a soft dough is formed.
- Knead the dough well, cover and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Divide the dough in half.
- Roll each half between sheets of cling foil, until very thin.
- Using a cutter or a teacup, cut out circles from the rolled out pastry.
- Place one teaspoon of the filling into the center of each circle.
- Fold each circle and pinch the edges together to seal.
- Grease an oven tray with butter and place the pastries on it.
- Brush the pastries with beaten egg.
- Bake in a moderately hot oven for 15 minutes until they turn lightly brown.