|Recipe Type||Non Veg.|
- 2 cups Flour
- 2-3 Egg Yolks
- 2 tbsp Butter (softened)
- 2 tbsp Confectioners' Sugar
- 1/3 cup Sour Cream
- 1 tbsp 6% White Vinegar or Alcohol
- 2 tbsp Rum
- Oil (for frying)
How to make Faworki:
- Combine together butter, egg yolks, confectioners' sugar, sour cream, white vinegar and rum.
- Gradually add flour, while mixing it thoroughly.
- Knead well to form dough, for 15 minutes.
- Place the dough in a bowl and cover. Leave it in a cool place for an hour.
- Roll out the dough till it is very thin.
- Cut 2 x 7 inch strips.
- Make a slit in the middle of each strip and pull one end through it.
- Heat oil in a deep frying pan.
- Add 4 to 5 strips to the oil, at a time. Fry on both the sides.
- Remove and transfer on a paper towel.
- Sprinkle with confectioners' sugar and serve.