Finnish Turnip Casserole Recipe
|Finnish Turnip Casserole Recipe|
||30 Minutes |
||65 Minutes |
||Non Veg. |
|Calories Per Serving
- 3 large Carrots (cubed)
- 1 large Turnip (cubed)
- 3 tbsp Butter (softened)
- ½ tsp Salt
- ¼ cup All-Purpose Flour
- ¼ cup White Sugar
- 2 Eggs
- ½ cup Milk
- 2 tbsp white sugar
- ¼ tsp cinnamon (ground)
How to make Finnish Turnip Casserole:
- Preheat oven to 350 °F (175 °C).
- Grease a 2 quart casserole dish.
- Combine carrot and turnip cubes in a large pot.
- Pour enough water to cover them. Add salt.
- Boil the water and reduce the flame to medium-low.
- Simmer for 20 minutes till the carrot and turnip turn tender.
- Drain and allow steaming dry for 1 or 2 minutes.
- Return back the carrot and turnip to the pot and mash them.
- Add butter, salt, flour and sugar. Mix well.
- Combine together eggs and milk in a bowl and whisk well.
- Add the milk mixture to the carrot mixture. Blend well.
- Transfer the mixture to the prepared casserole dish.
- Take another bowl and mix together sugar and cinnamon.
- Sprinkle the topping over the carrot mash.
- Bake the preparation for 45 minutes till the top starts to turn golden brown.