Fish Fried Rice Recipe
Photo Credit: http://kichencorner.blogspot.in/2010/12/fish-fried-rice.html
|Fish Fried Rice Recipe|
||15 Minutes |
||60 Minutes |
||9.0 / 10 (2 votes)|
||Non Veg. |
- ½ Fish
- 2 cups long-grain Rice
- 4 Onions (chopped)
- ½ cup Oil
- 1 cup grated Coconut
- 2 tsp Coriander Seeds
- A pinch of Turmeric Powder
- Small piece of Ginger
- 2 tsp Cumin Seeds
- ½ tsp Fenugreek Seeds
- 1 Bay Leaf
- ½ Lime (juiced)
- Salt (to taste)
- Coriander Leaves (chopped, to garnish)
How to make Fish Fried Rice:
- Slice the fish into 2 inch pieces.
- Soak rice in water for around 30 minutes. Drain.
- Dry roast coriander seeds, turmeric powder, cumin seeds, and fenugreek seeds. Grind into a fine powder. Add salt and grind again.
- Heat oil in a pan and cook the coriander mixture for a minute.
- Add fish and cook covered for 5 minutes.
- Remove the fish and keep aside.
- Heat oil in a fresh pan and fry onions, ginger, and bay leaf, until the onions turn brown.
- Mix in rice, coconut, and lemon juice. Cook for few minutes.
- Add a cup of water to the pan in which fish is cooked. Bring to a boil.
- Add the hot water from the fish to the rice. Stir and cook until rice is well cooked.
- Stir in the fish.
- Serve hot with a garnish of coriander leaves.