Fish Fry Recipe
|Fish Fry Recipe|
|Rating||7.5 / 10 (33 votes)|
|Recipe Type||Non Veg.|
- 800 gms White-Fleshed Fish
- 1/2 tsp Ground Turmeric
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 2/3 Mustard Oil
- 1 tbsp Grounded Coriander Seeds
- 1 tsp Grounded Cumin Seeds
- 1 1/2 tsp Ginger (finely grated)
- 1/2 tsp Red Chili Powder
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/4 tsp Kalonji
- 4 Dried Whole Red Chillies
- 2 Bay Leaves
- 1 large Onion (peeled and chopped)
- 3 Whole Green Chillies
How to make Fish Fry:
- Cut the fillets in about 4cm size.
- Rub the fish with turmeric and salt and set aside for 10-15 minutes.
- Heat the oil in a non-stick frying pan over a medium flame.
- Put in the fish pieces and brown lightly on all sides.
- Gently lift the fish out of the oil and put it on a plate. Turn off the heat.
- Combine the ground coriander seeds, the cumin, ginger, 1 tsp turmeric,chilli powder (cayenne pepper) and 1/2 tsp of salt in a small bowl.
- Add 3 tbsp of water and mix.
- Left only 5/6 tbsp of oil in the frying pan and heat it over a medium flame.
- Now add kalonji and after a few seconds later, put in the red chillies.
- As soon as they darken a bit, put in the bay leaves.
- When the bay leaves start to darken, put in the onion, stir and fry the onion at low heat.
- Add the spice paste. Stir and fry it for about 1 minute.
- Now put in the fish in a single layer in a pan with 1 cup of water.
- Lay the green chillies over the fish.
- Simmer over a medium heat for 2 minutes.
- Spoon the sauce over the fish pieces, cover it and cook the fish for 10-15 minutes.