Fish Head Curry Recipe
|Fish Head Curry Recipe|
|Rating||5.8 / 10 (5 votes)|
|Recipe Type||Non Veg.|
- 1 Medium to large sized head of fish, cleaned
- 3-4 tbsp Malaysian fish curry powder
- 1-1/2 to 2 Cups of brinjals cut into 1-1/2 inch pieces or small whole okra
- 2 tbsp Ghee or vegetable oil
- 1 to 1-1/2tbsp Chili powder
- 5-6 Garlic, minced
- 5-6 Curry leaves
- 2 Medium fresh tomatoes cut into wedges
- 1 tsp Fenugreek seeds
- 2 Fresh red or green chili peppers, whole
- 1 tbsp Tamarind pulp
- 1/2 Cup coconut milk
- 1 tsp Sugar
- 2 tsp Coriander seeds
- 1-1/2 tsp Cumin seeds
- 8-10 Dried red serrano chilies, reconstituted in hot water
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 4 Cups water
How to make Fish Head Curry:
- Rub salt all over the fish head, leave it for about 15 minutes, and then rinse salt off.
- If using dried red chilies first remove the stems, most seeds and reconstitute in warm water, drain well.
- Grind the softened dried chilies, cumin seeds and coriander.
- Take a small bowl, combine fish curry powder and chili powder.
- Add a few tbsp of water and make a thick paste.
- Take a pot and heat ghee or vegetable oil in it.
- Add garlic, fenugreek and curry leaves.
- Saute for about 1 minute.
- Add curry paste and chili paste, decrease the flame to low, stir-fry till quite toasted and oil starts to ooze from paste.
- Mix tamarind paste around in 4 cups water.
- Strain, remove the seeds and fibers.
- Combine the tamarind water with it.
- Now bring it to a boil.
- Add coconut milk, fresh tomatoes, brinjals or okra, fresh red or green chili peppers, sugar and season with salt and pepper, stir well
- When it comes to a slow boil, add the fish head, cover and simmer it gently.
- When fish head is just cooked, take out promptly from the flame, let stand for about 15 minutes.
- Serve Fish Head Curry with, roti or steamed rice.