Fish In Tomato Sauce Recipe
Photo Credit: http://cooking.nytimes.com/recipes/1014641-greek-baked-fish-with-tomatoes-and-onions
|Fish In Tomato Sauce Recipe|
||15 Minutes |
||30 Minutes |
||Non Veg. |
- 500 g Fish (cut into pieces)
- Little Pepper Powder
- ½ cup Tomato Pieces
- 1 tsp Soya Bean Sauce
- ½ cup Onion (cut in roundels)
- ¼ cup Onion (sliced)
- Small piece of Ginger
- 3 Garlic Cloves
- 4 Dry Red Chilies
- A pinch of Turmeric Powder
- A pinch of Sugar
- 2 tsp Vinegar
- 8 tbsp Oil
- Salt (to taste)
How to make Fish In Tomato Sauce:
- Mix together pepper, turmeric, and salt. Marinate the fish with it and let it sit for few minutes.
- Heat oil in a skillet and deep fry the fish pieces. Remove and keep aside.
- In a separate pan, combine tomatoes with ½ cup water and set them for cooking. Strain and keep the liquid and pulp separately.
- Put red chilies, ginger, garlic, and turmeric in a grinder and grind into a smooth paste.
- Heat some oil in a pan and fry the sliced onion until brown. Stir in the masala paste, along with chopped onion and shallow fry.
- Mix in vinegar, tomato puree, soya bean sauce, 1/2 cup water, and salt. Simmer on low heat.
- Add in fried fish and sugar. Cook until the curry gets thick.
- Serve hot.