Indian Recipes : Fish Masala Recipe
Fish Masala is a very popular recipe. Learn how to make/prepare Fish Masala by following this easy recipe.
Fish Masala Recipe
Calories Per Serving
• 500 gms Fish (cleaned and cut into medium pieces)
• 3-4 Green Chilies (halved lengthwise)
• 3-4 twigs Coriander Leaves
• 1 tsp Garam Masala Powder
• 1/2 tsp Turmeric Powder
• 1 tsp Coriander Powder
• 1 tsp Red Chili Powder
• 1 tbsp Lemon Juice
• 2 Onions (chopped)
• 1 Tomato (chopped)
• 2 tsp Ginger-Garlic Paste
• 1 cup Water
• Canola Oil for cooking
• Salt to taste How to make Fish Masala:
• Marinate the fish pieces with a pinch of salt, turmeric powder, red chili powder and lemon juice. Keep for overnight.
• Heat oil in a pan over medium flame, add onions and fry till golden brown.
• Add ginger-garlic paste and green chilies to the onions. Sauté for 2 minutes.
• Add tomatoes pieces to the above and cook for another 2 minutes, or till the oil separates.
• Add garam masala, coriander powder, salt and a cup of water to the above.
• Add marinated fish pieces and cook till fish is done. Now, let it cook over a low flame for another 7-8 minutes.
• Put off the flame. Garnish the dish with coriander leaves.
• Fish Masala is ready to eat. Serve hot with boiled rice.
The recipe tasted great, but definitely should be spicier.
I suggest using double/triple the chilli powder in the recipe.
Submitted by: Maya
posted : 19-Aug-2012 12:03 PM
Nice recipe. The type of curry/masala you get in Indian. restaurants.
Submitted by: Yousuf
posted : 08-Feb-2012 10:54 PM
I agree that this is such a delicious dish to impress my family.
Submitted by: Ishwarya
posted : 25-Jan-2012 04:04 PM
Recipe of the Month
Badam Katli is a delicious Indian sweet prepared on festive occasions. Learn...