Flour Tortilla Recipe
Photo Credit: http://www.seededatthetable.com/2011/08/10/homemade-flour-tortillas/
|Flour Tortilla Recipe|
||5.0 / 10 (1 vote)|
- 4 Cups unbleached all purpose flour
- 1-1/2 Cups warm water
- 2 tbsp Vegetable shortening
- 4 tsp Baking powder
- 2 tsp Salt
How to make Flour Tortilla:
- Take a big bowl and mix flour, salt and baking powder.
- With a pastry blender, a fork or your hands, slowly work in the lard or shortening till it is all incorporated.
- Add warm water to make soft dough.
- Knead the dough on a lightly floured board for about 5 minutes.
- Make balls from the dough.
- Now roll each ball into a flat chapatti (about 1/8 inches thick and 6 inches in diameter).
- Put a large skillet over medium flame.
- Keep tortillas, one at a time, into the dry hot skillet.
- Cook on one side till brown and then turn and cook on the other side.
- Remove it from the skillet.
- Keep them warm by covering in a towel on a plate.