Fresh Asparagus Soup Recipe
Photo Credit: http://www.dishmaps.com/fresh-asparagus-soup/1688
|Fresh Asparagus Soup Recipe|
||10 Minutes |
||30 Minutes |
- 2½ cups Asparagus, chopped
- ½ cup Onions, chopped
- ½ cup Potatoes, chopped
- 2 tsp Low Fat Butter
- 1 cup Low Fat Milk
- Salt (to taste)
- Pepper (to taste)
- 8 Asparagus Spears (for garnishing)
How to make Fresh Asparagus Soup:
- Take a pan and saute asparagus spears in a tsp of butter. Keep it aside for the garnish.
- In the same pan, heat the remaining butter and saute onions and potatoes for 3-4 minutes.
- Now, add 2 cups of water to the pan and turn the knob of the stove on simmer, to allow potatoes to become nearly cooked.
- Add asparagus to it, cook for a few seconds and remove from heat. Let the mixture cool completely.
- Now, make a puree of the mixture in the grinder and then strain it.
- Put the strained soup in the pan and add salt, milk, pepper and cream to it. Bring the soup to boil.
- Garnish the soup with the sauteed asparagus spears and serve hot.