Fried Herring Recipe
Photo Credit: http://www.seriouseats.com/2010/12/scandinavian-streetfood-fried-herring-on-crisp-bread-stocklholm.html
|Fried Herring Recipe|
||10 Minutes |
||20 Minutes |
||Non Veg. |
- 600 gm Potatoes
- 1 tbsp Lemon Juice
- 1 tsp Dijon Mustard
- 5 tbsp Crème Fraîche
- 1½ tbsp Horseradish (freshly grated)
- 2 Spring Onions (finely sliced)
- Handful of Chives (chopped)
- 2 tbsp Olive Oil
- 4 Pin-boned Herring Fillets
- Salt (to taste)
- White Pepper (to taste)
How to make Fried Herring:
- Take potatoes with salted water in a pan and boil until it is cooked. Drain and cut into thick slices.
- Blend lemon juice with mustard, crème fraîche, horseradish.
- Put potatoes with lemon juice mixture, spring onions, chives in a bowl and mix it well. Keep it warm.
- Season the herring fillets with salt and pepper to taste.
- Heat oil in a pan and fry the fish skin side down for 2-3 min. Then turn over and fry for around 30 sec.
- Serve it hot with potato salad.