Fusion Chili Recipe
Photo Credit: http://pastrychefonline.com/2011/10/09/sunday-suppers-cajun-fusion-chili/
|Fusion Chili Recipe|
||20 Minutes |
||200 Minutes |
||Non Veg. |
- 3 pounds hot Italian Sausage (casings removed)
- 3 pounds ground Beef
- ½ cup Water
- 10 Ancho Chilies
- ¼ cup White Wine Vinegar
- 2 Onions (chopped)
- 1 sweet Onion (diced)
- 1 cup diced Celery
- 1 cup chopped Carrots
- 10 Garlic Cloves (sliced)
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Black Pepper
- 1 (6 oz) can Tomato Paste
- 1 cup Red Wine
- 4 (14.5 oz) cans diced Tomatoes
- ¼ cup Worcestershire Sauce
- ¼ cup Hot Pepper Sauce
- 1 tbsp Chili Powder
- 2 tsp ground Cumin
- 1 tbsp chopped Parsley
- ½ cup Honey
- 1 (16 oz) can Kidney Beans (drained)
- 1 (16 oz) can Pinto Beans (drained)
How to make Fusion Chili:
- Soak chilies in water and vinegar for 30 minutes. Thereafter blend in a food processor into a smooth paste.
- Stir fry the sausage and ground beef in a non-sticky pan, until brown over medium heat. Remove and set aside.
- Heat 4 tbsp of meat drippings and fry chopped onions, sweet onion, celery, carrots, and garlic, until onions turn soft and translucent.
- Sprinkle salt and black pepper.
- Stir in tomato paste and mix well.
- Pour in red wine, stirring constantly.
- Add cooked meat, tomatoes, Worcestershire sauce, and hot pepper sauce. Mix well.
- Sprinkle chili powder, cumin powder, and parsley. Stir and simmer until boiling.
- Stir in the blended chili mix and honey.
- Add beans and cover the pan. Cook for 2-3 hours, stirring occasionally.
- Serve hot.