German Beef Rouladen Recipe
|German Beef Rouladen Recipe|
||20 Minutes |
||35 Minutes |
||Non Veg. |
|Calories Per Serving
- ¼ cup Dijon Mustard
- 8 (4 ounce) pieces round Steak (pounded ¼-inch thick)
- ½ cup Onion (minced)
- 2 tsp Paprika
- 2 tsp Salt
- 2 tsp Black Pepper (freshly ground)
- 8 slices Bacon
- 3 tbsp Canola Oil
- 1 (12 ounce) can Beef Broth
- 1¼ cups Water
- 2 tbsp Cornstarch
- 1 cup Warm Water
- ¼ cup Sour Cream
How to make German Beef Rouladen:
- Baste one side of each piece of meat with ½ tbsp of Dijon mustard.
- Sprinkle onion, paprika, salt and black pepper on the steaks evenly.
- Place a slice of bacon on each piece of steak.
- Roll up the steaks into jelly-roll style and secure them with toothpicks.
- Place a skillet on medium heat and heat canola oil.
- Place the beef rolls in the oil and fry them until browned.
- Add beef broth and water. stir and boil the mixture.
- Reduce heat to medium-low and cover the skillet. Simmer for 30 minutes till the rolls turn tender.
- Remove the rolls and strain the beef mixture.
- Place the liquid back to the skillet
- Whisk cornstarch and warm water together.
- Pour the cornstarch to the liquid and stir till the sauce thickens for about 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add sour cream and rolls to the sauce. Stir gently.
- Serve immediately.