Gherkin Pickle Recipe
|Gherkin Pickle Recipe|
|Preparation Time||60 Minutes|
|Cooking Time||15 Minutes|
|Calories Per Serving||22.8|
- 200 gms Gherkins
- 50 gms Salt (for dry brine)
- 1 fiery Red Spice (mixture)
- 2 tsp Amchoor (dried mango) (powder)
- 2 tbsp mustard or other oil
How to make Gherkin Pickle:
- Heat oil till smoky, and keep it aside to cool.
- Wash and wipe gherkins, make a slit along length of each.
- Slice gherkins into vertical fours.
- Place layers of gherkins, sprinkle with salt in a jar.
- Keep aside, covered for 24 hours.
- Drain out brine water; wash thoroughly under running cold water.
- Drain completely, wipe or dab dry on a clean cloth.
- Mix mango or powder into spice mixture.
- Add gherkins, mix thoroughly.
- Add half oil into mixture, mix again.
- Pack into sterile jar, pour remaining oil over it.
- Cover with lid; keep aside for 3-4 days, before using.
Suggestions:Serve it with rice or roti