|Rating||7.2 / 10 (30 votes)|
- 4 Cups flour
- 2 Cups ghee
- 4 Cups water
- 1 Cup milk
- 1 tbsp Almonds (chopped)
- 1 tbsp Pistachios (chopped)
- 1 tsp Cardamom powder
- 1 tsp Saffron (soaked in milk)
- 1 1/2 Cups sugar
- 1/2 tsp Yellow colour
How to make Ghevar:
- Mix flour, ghee, milk and 3 cups of water to make a batter.
- Dissolve colour in the remaining water.
- Mix the coloured water to batter.
- Take an aluminium or steel cylindrical container.
- Cylinder should have a height of at least 12", and a diameter of 5-6".
- Fill half of the cylinder with ghee and heat.
- Once the ghee is hot, pour a glass of batter in the centre of ghee.
- Allow foam to settle.
- Pour a glassful of batter in ghee again.
- Once the foam gets settled again, place ghewar on mesh.
- Prepare sugar syrup of one tar consistency.
- Dip ghevar in syrup so as to remove the extra oil.
- Keep it for cooling.
- Pour few drops of saffron water.
- Sprinkle chopped almonds, pistachios and cardamom powder.
- Ghevar is ready.