Photo Credit: http://www.gypsyrhythms.co.za/blog/recipe-of-the-month-ghoriba-cookies
||15 Minutes |
||20 Minutes |
||Non Veg. |
- 500 gm unsweetened Coconut (finely grated)
- 160 gm fine Semolina (Rava)
- 4 Eggs
- 250 gm Sugar (powdered)
- 2 tsp Baking Powder
- ¼ cup Vegetable Oil
- ¼ cup Butter (melted)
- Orange Flower Water
- Powdered Sugar
How to make Ghoriba:
- Preheat the oven at 350°F. Grease a baking sheet with little oil.
- Take eggs and sugar in a bowl and beat well.
- Mix in butter, oil and baking powder.
- Add coconut and semolina and combine well to make a firm dough.
- Shape the dough into small balls using hands wet with orange flower water. Press each ball forming into thick disc shape.
- Roll them in powdered sugar and transfer to the baking sheet.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until golden brown in colour.
- Cool and serve.