Ginger Snap Recipe
Photo Credit: http://cookingwithalison.com/2010/11/27/the-best-ginger-snaps-recipe/
|Ginger Snap Recipe|
||20 Minutes |
||10 Minutes |
||10.0 / 10 (1 vote)|
|Calories Per Serving
- 1 Egg
- 1 tbsp ground Ginger
- 2 tsp Baking Soda
- 2 cups All-purpose Flour, sifted
- 1 tsp ground Cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 3/4 cup Shortening
- 1 cup White Sugar
- 1/4 cup Dark Molasses
- 1/3 cup Cinnamon Sugar
How to make Ginger Snap:
- First of all, you can preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Sift the flour, baking soda, ginger, cinnamon, and salt into a mixing bowl. Stir the sifted mixture to blend evenly, and sift one more time into another bowl.
- Take one more bowl and put the shortening in and beat until creamy. Beat in the white sugar slowly. Then beat in the egg and dark molasses and sift 1/3 of the flour mixture into the shortening mixture.
- stir it to blend. Sift in the rest of the flour mixture, and mix together until a soft dough forms. After that, pinch off tiny amounts of dough and roll into 1 inch diameter balls between your hands.
- Now, you can roll each ball in cinnamon sugar, and place them in 2 inches distance on an ungreased baking sheet.
- Bake in the preheated oven until the tops are rounded and slightly cracked, about amost 10 minutes and cool the cookies on a wire rack. Store in an air tight container to keep it fresh.