Ginger Soba Noodles Recipe
Photo Credit: http://ahouseinthehills.com/2013/03/13/sweetspicy-scallion-ginger-soba-noodles/
|Ginger Soba Noodles Recipe|
|Calories Per Serving
- 3 oz Buckwheat Soba Noodles
- 1 tsp Sesame Oil
- 1 tsp Peanut Oil
- 6 oz water-packed light extra-firm Tofu (frozen, prepared for cooking and cut into ½-inch cubes)
- 4 Scallions (white parts and 3 inches of the green, sliced on the diagonal into ½-inch slices)
- 2 cloves Garlic (thinly sliced on the diagonal)
- 2 Carrots (grated)
- ¼ pound Snow Peas (sliced lengthwise into thirds)
- ½ Red Bell Pepper (seeded and thinly sliced)
- 6 oz Mushrooms (sliced)
- 4 oz Baby Spinach
- 8 oz Mung Bean Sprouts
- ¼ cup fresh Cilantro (chopped)
- Lime Wedges (for garnishing)
For the Sweet Ginger Sauce
- ½ cup fresh Orange Juice
- 2 tbsp Holsin Sauce
- 2 tsp reduced-sodium Soy Sauce
- 2 tbsp fresh Ginger (minced)
- 1 tsp Thai Chili Sauce
How to make Ginger Soba Noodles:
- Place a small saucepan on fire and add orange juice, Holsin sauce, soy sauce, ginger and Thai chili sauce. Mix well.
- Heat the sauce to simmer and cook for 1 minute. Remove and set aside.
- Cook the buckwheat soba noodles 1 minute less than that directed on the package. Drain and keep aside.
- Place a nonstick skillet over high heat and add sesame and peanut oil.
- Add tofu, scallions, garlic, carrots, snow peas, red bell pepper and mushrooms. Stir well and fry for 2 minutes.
- Reduce the heat to medium and add the sweet ginger sauce.
- Add in baby spinach, mung bean sprouts and soba noodles. Cook just until the spinach wilts.
- Add cilantro and stir well.
- Remove from heat and transfer to a serving plate immediately.
- Garnish with lime wedges and serve hot.