Goan Chicken Fry Recipe
Photo Credit: http://lekhafoods.com/india/goan/chicken-and-poultry/goan-chicken-vinegar-curry.aspx
|Goan Chicken Fry Recipe|
||5.0 / 10 (1 vote)|
||Non Veg. |
- 1 kg Chicken
- 2½ tsp Kashmiri Chili Powder
- 1 tsp Cumin Seeds
- ½ tsp Peppercorns
- 1 tsp Mustard Seeds
- 4 Cloves
- 4 cm long Ginger
- 1 pod Garlic
- 1 tsp Turmeric Powder
- 1 tbsp Vinegar
- 1/2 cup Tomato Puree
- Salt (to taste)
- 5 tbsp Oil
How to make Goan Chicken Fry:
- Clean the chicken thoroughly.
- Grind cumin seeds, pepper corns, mustard seeds, cloves, ginger, garlic, and turmeric powder in a grinder, along with vinegar.
- Add a small amount of water to make a smooth paste. Then, add salt and mix well.
- Cover the chicken pieces with this spicy paste and keep aside for an hour.
- Now, cook the chicken in a covered pan, adding half cup of water. Cook till it becomes tender and absorbs the water.
- Add oil and fry the chicken pieces.
- Add tomato puree and let it simmer till the gravy thickens and envelops the chicken pieces.
- Serve the fried chicken with steamed rice or chapattis.