Gobhi Shalgam Gajar Aachar Recipe
Photo Credit: http://www.archanaskitchen.com/recipes/indian/side-dishes/indian-pickle-recipes/1754-shalgam-gajar-aur-gobhi-ka-achar
|Gobhi Shalgam Gajar Aachar Recipe|
||7.6 / 10 (5 votes)|
- 5 Pounds Vegetables (baby carrots, cauliflower florets and turnip)
- 4 Garlic cloves, peeled and crushed
- 3" Ginger piece, peeled and cut into thin sticks
- 1/4 Cup kosher or pickle salt
- 1/4 Cup brown mustard seeds
- 1/4 Cup turmeric powder
- 1/4 Cup cayenne powder
- 1 Pound brown Sugar
- 2 Cups white distilled vinegar
- 2 Cups canola oil
- 1/4 Cup Fenugreek seeds
How to make Gobhi Shalgam Gajar Aachar:
- Peel baby carrots and cut into half, vertically.
- Cut cauliflower into florets.
- Peel turnip and cut slices, about ¼" thick.
- Boil the chopped vegetables in water. Cool.
- Once the vegetables are cold enough, pat dry them with paper towel.
- Put all the remaining ingredients in a pan.
- Stir and heat, till all the sugar has melted.
- Simmer it for five minutes. Turn off heat.
- Let it cool to room temperature and then add the the blanched vegetables. Mix well.
- Transfer to appropriate glass jars and seal.
- Put the jars in a warm place for about 4 days.
- Gobhi Shalgam Gajar Aachar is ready.