Golden Beet Soup Recipe
Photo Credit: http://www.epicurious.com/recipes/food/views/golden-beet-soup-240702
|Golden Beet Soup Recipe|
- 4 tsp Fresh Ginger (minced, peeled)
- 1 tbsp Lemon Peel (finely grated)
- 2-3 tbsp Fresh Lemon Juice
- 4-1/2 cup Onions (chopped)
- 9 Golden Beets (peeled)
- 6 cups Vegetable Broth
- 1/2 tsp Grated Cheese
- 6 tbsp Butter
How to make Golden Beet Soup:
- Cut golden beets into 1/2 inch cubes.
- Now heat butter in a large pot over medium flame and add beets, onions, ginger, and lemon peel to it.
- Cover the pot, stir occasionally, add the vegetable broth and bring it to a boil.
- Cover; reduce heat and simmer until beets are very tender.
- Remove from heat; let the mixture stand for 20 minutes.
- Now blend the mixture in a blender until smooth.
- Return puree to the pot and add 2 tablespoons lemon juice to soup.
- Season with salt, pepper and lemon juice
- Garnish with grated cheese and serve.