Gourmet Mushroom Risotto Recipe
Photo Credit: http://img.sndimg.com/food/image/upload/w_555,h_416,c_fit,fl_progressive,q_95/v1/img/recipes/21/35/35/picI83SuK.jpg
|Gourmet Mushroom Risotto Recipe|
||20 Minutes |
||30 Minutes |
||Non Veg. |
|Calories Per Serving
- 6 cups Chicken Broth (divided)
- 3 tbsp Olive Oil (divided)
- 1 pound Portobello Mushrooms (thinly sliced)
- 1 pound White Mushrooms (thinly sliced)
- 2 Shallots (diced)
- 1½ cups Arborio Rice
- ½ cup Dry White Wine
- Sea Salt (to taste)
- Black Pepper (freshly ground, to taste)
- 3 tbsp Chives (finely chopped)
- 4 tbsp Butter
- 1/3 cup Parmesan Cheese (freshly grated)
How to make Gourmet Mushroom Risotto:
- Transfer the chicken broth into a saucepan and place over low heat.
- Place another large saucepan over medium-high heat and heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil in it.
- Add in the Portobello and white mushrooms and cook for about 3 minutes, until soft.
- Remove the mushrooms, along with their liquid and set aside.
- Add 1 tablespoon of olive oil to the saucepan and stir in the shallots; cook for for 1 minute.
- Add in the rice and stir to coat with the oil, for about 2 minutes.
- When the rice takes a pale, golden color, pour in the white wine. Stir continuously, till the wine is completely absorbed.
- Add half cup of chicken broth to the rice, stirring constantly.
- Continue adding the broth half cup at a time.
- Remember to stir continuously, till the liquid is absorbed and the rice is tender, say for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Remove from heat and add in the mushrooms, with their liquid.
- Add in butter, chives and Parmesan cheese.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Serve hot.