Greek Chicken Recipe
Photo Credit: http://www.todaysparent.com/recipe/easy-dinners/greek-chicken-with-olives-and-potatoes/
|Greek Chicken Recipe|
||10 Minutes |
||45 Minutes |
||Non Veg. |
- 4 boneless, skinless Chicken Breast Halves
- 2 (4 ounce) packages Feta or Blue Cheese
- 1 (4.5 ounce) can ripe Olives (drained, chopped)
- 2 tbsp Olive or Vegetable Oil (divided)
- ½ tsp dried Oregano
- 2 tbsp dry White Wine or Chicken Broth
- 1 tsp Sugar
- 1 tsp Balsamic Vinegar
- 1 Garlic Clove (minced)
- ¼ tsp dried Thyme
- 1 medium Onion (sliced)
How to make Greek Chicken:
- Flatten the chicken breasts to about 1/8-inch thickness. Set aside.
- Combine together feta cheese, olives, 1 tbsp olive oil and oregano in a food processor.
- Process the mixture till it reaches a thick, chunky paste consistency.
- Remove and spread the mixture on the chicken breasts.
- Roll the breast and tuck the ends in. Secure each piece with a wooden toothpick.
- Take a medium bowl and mix white wine, sugar, balsamic vinegar, garlic and thyme together.
- Add the remaining 1 tbsp olive oil and mix well.
- Pour the vinegar mix in a 2-qt. baking dish.
- Place the sliced onion on this mixture.
- Finally, place the chicken breasts over the onion slices.
- Cover the dish and bake at 350 °F for 30 minutes.
- Remove and uncover the dish.
- Smear the chicken breasts with the pan juices.
- Bake the preparation for another 15 to 20 minutes, till the chicken juices run clear.
- Serve hot.