Greek Halva Recipe
Photo Credit: http://www.mygreekdish.com/recipe/halva-greek-semolina-pudding-raisins/
|Greek Halva Recipe|
||5 Minutes |
||20 Minutes |
||10.0 / 10 (1 vote)|
- ½ cup Almonds (chopped)
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
- 2 Lemon Slices
- 1 cup Olive Oil
- 2 cups Semolina
- 3 cups Sugar
- 4 cups warm Water
How to make Greek Halva:
- Heat olive oil in a pan and fry the semolina until lightly golden.
- Dry roast almonds in another pan until golden.
- Meanwhile, prepare the syrup by mixing warm water, sugar, lemon slices, and cinnamon.
- Pour the syrup into the pan and stir well you get a thick mixture.
- Transfer into a buttered dish, press gently and sprinkle almonds.
- Cool on room temperature and cut into diamonds.