Green Papaya Salad Recipe
|Green Papaya Salad Recipe|
|Preparation Time||80 Minutes|
|Recipe Type||Non Veg.|
- 1 small Garlic Clove
- 1 small Red Chili Pepper (seeded)
- 8-10 fresh Green Beans
- 4 tbsp Lime Juice
- 3 tbsp Fish Sauce
- 3 tbsp Brown Sugar
- 2 tsp Anchovy paste
- 1 medium Papaya (peeled and shredded in juliennes)
- 1 medium Carrot (juliennes)
- 1 small Cucumber (juliennes)
- 3 Green Onions
- 6 Cherry Tomatoes (cut in half)
- 1/2 cup Cilantro (coarsely chopped)
- 1/4 cup fresh Mint or fresh Basil (coarsely chopped)
- 1/4 cup Peanuts coarsely crushed)
- 1 1/2 cups Bean Sprouts
- 12 Shrimp (poached)
How to make Green Papaya Salad:
- Dip shredded papaya in cold water.
- In a ceramic mortar and pestle, mash the garlic clove along with chilly.
- Add sugar and continue mashing.
- Mix in it the lime juice, fish sauce and anchovy paste.
- Add about 1 cup of the shredded papaya and bruise it so that it absorbs the paste you have just made.
- Now gently pound it and fold it several times.
- Add to it the rest of the shredded papaya and repeat process.
- Now add the carrots and repeat process for about a minute.
- Add the cilantro and tomatoes and mix well. Pound these gently to bruise.
- Toss the salad with the shredded cucumber and bean sprouts.
- Garnish with mint, peanuts and shrimp.