Gujarati Tuvar Dal Recipe
|Gujarati Tuvar Dal Recipe|
|Rating||7.9 / 10 (20 votes)|
- 1 Cup split red gram
- 1 Tomato chopped finely
- 2 tbsp Oil
- 4 Cups water
- 1 tsp Mustard seeds
- 1 tsp Cumin seeds
- 1 tbsp Finely chopped ginger
- 2 Green chillies slit
- 1/2 tsp Asafoetida
- 1/2 tsp Turmeric powder
- 1 tsp Lemon juice
- Jaggery and salt to taste
- 4 Curry leaves
How to make Gujarati Tuvar Dal:
- Soak the split tuvar dal in water for about an hour.
- Combine turmeric powder, salt and a drop of oil to the gram along with the water in which it was soaked.
- Heat over medium flame until it comes to a boil.
- Now reduce the heat and cook it for 20 minutes, until the gram is fully cooked.
- Heat oil and add mustard seeds, cumin seeds and then asafoetida.
- Fry over medium heat for about 2 minutes till the seeds splutter.
- Mix this with the cooked red gram and let it come to a simmer.
- Add rest of the ingredients and simmer for 10 minutes.