Gutti Vankaya Recipe
Photo Credit: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5fqkyFoDCWw
|Gutti Vankaya Recipe|
||5.6 / 10 (7 votes)|
- 6 Eggplants, small size
- 1 Tamarind
- 1 Onion
- 1 tsp Cumin powder
- 1 tsp Coriander powder
- 1 tsp Chilly powder
- 1 tbsp Ginger-garlic
- 1 tbsp Garam masala powder
- A pinch turmeric powder
- Oil as required
- Salt as required
How to make Gutti Vankaya:
- Cut onion and place them in blender along with tamarind, garam masala powder, chilly powder, coriander powder, cumin powder and ginger-garlic.
- Make a coarse paste, set aside.
- Now Cut the eggplant into 4 and fill some of the paste into them.
- Repeat the procedure for the remaining eggplants.
- Fry the leftover paste in the oil and add salt to it.
- Sauté for about 10 to 15 minutes until the raw smell leaves.
- Combine turmeric powder with it.
- Add the stuffed eggplants and coat them properly with the cooked paste.
- Cover and add little water to it, curry should not be liquid it should be semi dry.
- Cook until eggplants are tender.
- Guttu Vankaya is ready to serve.