Gyro Pita Bread Recipe
|Gyro Pita Bread Recipe|
||10 Minutes |
||40 Minutes |
||10.0 / 10 (1 vote)|
- 2½ tsp active Dry Yeast
- Salt (to taste)
- 1 tbsp Sugar
- 4 cups All-Purpose Flour
- 1½ cups warm Water
- 1 tbsp Olive Oil
- 2 tbsp Cooking Oil (for frying)
How to make Gyro Pita Bread:
- Mix yeast and sugar with ½ warm water. Leave aside for 10 minutes to ferment.
- Combine flour with salt and dissolved yeast.
- Add the remaining warm water and knead very smooth dough.
- Pour olive oil over the dough and knead again to absorb the oil completely.
- Cover and keep at a warm place for 2 hours to rise to double in size.
- Knead again.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Divide the dough into medium-sized balls and roll them to 1/4 inch thickness.
- Place them on a lightly oiled cookie sheet and bake them in the lower rack for 2-3 minutes on each side.
- Remove them and wrap into a fresh towel and cool to normal temperature.
- Heat oil in a skillet and fry the balls until golden brown.
- Serve immediately.