Photo Credit: http://www.iskcondesiretree.com/group/bhogarecipesforthakurji/forum/topics/corn-handwa
||7.4 / 10 (9 votes)|
- 1 Cup tinned lentils
- 2 tbsp Flour
- 4 tbsp Butter
- 2 Onions
- 1 Pint of vegetable stock
- Herbs of choice
- Small garlic clove (optional)
- 1 Potato, mashed
- Salt and black pepper to taste
How to make Handwa:
- Wash the lentils.
- Melt butter in a frying pan.
- Fry chopped onions.
- Remove them from the pan when they turn brown.
- Put flour into the pan and add stock.
- Now boil it.
- Mix together garlic, herbs and seasoning properly.
- Place lentils and onions into an oven proof dish.
- Pour some of the sauce from the frying pan.
- Cover it with the mashed potato.
- Bake it for about 1 hour at 200 degrees centigrade.
- Serve with remaining sauce.