Hasselback Potatoes Recipe
|Hasselback Potatoes Recipe|
- 8 Long Uniform Baking Potatoes (peeled)
- 3 tbsp Extra-Virgin Olive Oil (divided)
- ¼ cup Parmesan Cheese
- ½ cup Fine Breadcrumbs
- 1 tsp Paprika
- Kosher Salt (to taste)
- 2 tbsp Butter (melted)
- 2 tsp Fresh Parsley (minced for garnishing)
How to make Hasselback Potatoes:
- Place the potatoes in cold water, to prevent them from turning brown.
- Cut a thin, lengthwise slice from the bottom of each potato, so that they sit flat on cutting board.
- Place two long handled wooden spoons on both sides of the potato, to prevent the knife from cutting it entirely through.
- Using a sharp knife, thinly slice the potato crosswise, avoiding to cut it completely through.
- Place back the potato in the cold water.
- Repeat the process with all other potatoes.
- Grease a shallow baking pan with olive oil.
- Dry the potatoes using a towel and place them on the greased baking pan.
- Brush the potatoes with 2 tbsp of olive oil.
- Place Parmesan cheese, bread crumbs, paprika, kosher salt and remaining 1 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil in a food processor and blend them to form a puree.
- Spread the puree on the potatoes, pressing them to remain on.
- Cover the pan with a foil and bake at 450°F, for 30 minutes.
- Remove the foil and bake for an additional 15 minutes.
- The potato slices will fan out as they bake.
- Remove and drizzle melted butter on the potatoes.
- Garnish with parsley and serve.