||15 Minutes |
||9.0 / 10 (2 votes)|
|Calories Per Serving
- 1 (16 ounce) container Plain Yogurt
- 5 cloves Garlic
- A pinch of Salt
- 1 bunch fresh Dill (chopped)
- 1 bunch fresh Parsley (chopped)
- 1 (4 ounce) package Cream Cheese (softened, optional)
- 2 Mint Leaves (for garnishing)
How to make Haydari:
- Take a colander and line it with two layers of cheesecloth.
- Place the colander over a medium bowl.
- Place the yoghurt on the cheesecloth and cover it with plastic wrap.
- Set aside the yoghurt for 8 hours or overnight, to drain.
- Scoop out the drained yoghurt in a large mixing bowl.
- Place the garlic cloves in a food processor.
- Add salt and blend to a fine paste.
- Add garlic paste to the yoghurt.
- Mix in dill, parsley and cream cheese. Stir well.
- Spoon out the yoghurt onto a serving dish and garnish with mint leaves.
- Serve immediately.
Serve with kebabs or pita bread.