Hazelnut Torte Recipe
Photo Credit: http://food.ninemsn.com.au/recipes/ichocolate/8349746/chocolate-hazelnut-torte
|Hazelnut Torte Recipe|
||15 Minutes |
||35 Minutes |
||Non Veg. |
- ¾ cup ground Hazelnuts
- ¾ cup blanched ground Almonds
- 24 whole Hazelnuts
- 9 Eggs (separated)
- 2/3 cup Sugar
- ¼ cup Cherry Brandy
- ¼ cup Raspberry Jam
- 1 pint Whipping Cream
- Powdered Sugar (for dusting)
How to make Hazelnut Torte:
- Combine hazelnuts and ground almonds together.
- Beat egg yolks until thick and fluffy.
- Add sugar and beat again, until well blended.
- Gradually add the ground mixture and mix thoroughly.
- Beat egg whites until stiff and stir in the yolk-nut mixture.
- Pour the mixture into two buttered tins and place in a preheated oven at 350 degrees F.
- Bake until the top of the cake springs back instantly after pushing in.
- Remove from the oven and cover the top layer of each cake with cherry brandy.
- Spread a thin layer of raspberry jam over each and place one cake on the other.
- Beat the cream and spread on the top.
- Top with hazelnuts and dust with powdered sugar.
- Your delicious cake is ready to serve and enjoy.