Herbed Pork And Apples Recipe
|Herbed Pork And Apples Recipe|
||80 Minutes |
||150 Minutes |
||Non Veg. |
- 1 tsp Sage (dried)
- 1 tsp Thyme (dried)
- 1 tsp Rosemary (dried)
- 1 tsp Marjoram (dried)
- Salt to taste
- Pepper to taste
- 6 pounds Pork Loin Roast
- 4 Tart Apples (peeled, cored, cut into 1 inch chunks)
- 1 Red Onion (chopped)
- 3 tbsp Brown Sugar
- 1 cup Apple Juice
- 2/3 cup Real Maple Syrup
How to make Herbed Pork And Apples:
- Mix the sage, thyme, rosemary, marjoram, salt and pepper.
- Rub the above mixture over roast.
- Now cover, and refrigerate for 6 to 8 hours, or overnight.
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C).
- Place roast in a shallow roasting pan, and bake in the preheated oven for 1 to 1 1/2 hours.
- Drain excess fat.
- In a medium bowl, mix apples and onion with brown sugar.
- Spoon this around the roast, and continue to cook for 1 hour more, or until the internal temperature of the roast is 160 degrees F (70 degrees C).
- Transfer the roast, apples and onion to a serving platter, and keep warm.
- To make the gravy, skim excess fat from meat juices and pour drippings into a medium heavy skillet.
- Next stir in the apple juice and syrup.
- Cook and stir over medium-high heat until liquid has been reduced by half, about 1 cup.
- And finally slice the roast, and serve with gravy.