Herring Salad Recipe
|Herring Salad Recipe|
- 1/2 kg Potatoes (boiled & peeled)
- 1 Apple
- 1/2 Onion
- 4-5 Pickled Herring Fillets
- 1/2 cup Sour Cream
- 1/2 cup Normal Cream
- 6-7 medium-sized Gherkins (German, Polish or Russian variety)
- Olive Oil
- 1/2 Lemon
- Salt & Pepper (to taste)
How to make Herring Salad:
- Cut the herring fillets into strips of 2 cm.
- Chop the gherkins and onions into fine pieces.
- Peel the apple and cut it into cut into cubes of 2 cm.
- Cut the potatoes into cubes.
- Assemble everything into a large bowl. Squeeze half lemon in it and add sour and normal cream.
- Season with little salt and pepper.
- Add fresh parsley and olive oil and mix the ingredients very gently.
- Your salad is ready!