Honey Braised Red Cabbage Recipe
Photo Credit: http://www.azcentral.com/story/life/food/recipes/2014/11/03/braised-red-cabbage-goat-cheese-honey/18435129/
|Honey Braised Red Cabbage Recipe|
||10 Minutes |
||30 Minutes |
|Calories Per Serving
- 1 tbsp Butter
- 1 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 Red Onion (sliced thin)
- 1 Green Apple (sliced thin)
- 1 head Red Cabbage (core removed and sliced thin)
- ¼ cup Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1 tsp Kosher Salt
- 1 tsp Black Pepper (cracked)
- 2 tbsp Honey
How to make Honey Braised Red Cabbage:
- Place a large saucepan over medium heat and add butter and olive oil.
- Add red onion and sauté for 3 minutes.
- Add in green apple and red cabbage. Cook for 5 minutes.
- Pour in apple cider vinegar and honey and mix well.
- Season with kosher salt and black pepper. Stir well.
- Cover the saucepan and cook for 20 minutes, or till the cabbage turns soft. Be sure to stir occasionally.
- Serve hot.