Honey Flapjacks Recipe
|Honey Flapjacks Recipe|
- 200 gm Honey
- 400 gm Porridge oats
- 200 gm Demerara sugar
- 200 gm Unsalted butter
- 50 gm Nuts, dried fruits, glacé ginger, chopped or desiccated coconut
How to make Honey Flapjacks:
- Place the butter, sugar and honey in a saucepan and heat it.
- Stirring occasionally, till the butter has melted and sugar has dissolved.
- Add the oats and nuts, fruit, ginger or coconut to it and mix well.
- Greased a 20cm x 30cm cake tin and place the oat mixture to the prepared cake tin.
- Spread it to about 2 cm thick.
- Smooth the surface with the back of a spoon.
- Bake it in a preheated oven at 350 degrees F for about 15-20 minutes, till lightly golden around the edges, but still slightly soft in the center.
- Let it cool in the tin, and then turn out.
- Cut it into squares, when cool.